Skip to main content

The Tudor Fastrider - Vroom vroom!



Need something waterproof for travel and swimming ? (and therefore proper diving preparation, e.g. a screw down crown, are comforting).
Something funky but also smart and a bit laid back for travel in not so good areas as well as looking smart in the office ? A tall order.
Not the same old metal bracelet and typical diving watch. Too shiny and too boring ?
Interested in the new wave of rubber, nylon or material straps. Sporty, subtle and practical ?

I was always interested in Tudor, the rebel Rolex, but in recent years they have been branching out successfully into more interesting designs. I was interested in yellow or red highlights.
When I saw the fastrider it really blew me away. In person the watch looks much better then in pictures. It feels like it is hewn out of a block of dwarfstar material and the black (PVD) buttons are extremely sturdy with lovely action. The date adjust is weird but I guess nothing is perfect ;)

Deciding between the three colours was tough. The green is the most subtle, yellow IMHO is the smartest but is the most vocal but red, a darker more sophisticated red, is a good combination. I find red also goes with many colours I often wear, such as white, black or blue for example.



Comments

Popular Posts